You can’t beat siting down in front of a good movie with a big bowl of popcorn. The problem is, the popcorn you buy at the cinema is loaded with salt, sugar and a “butter” substitute that’s so unhealthy it makes real butter look like broccoli!
It’s also expensive, stale, and by the end of the film half of it is in your lap and the other half is on the floor. If you buy readymade popcorn for home movie nights it’s even worse, as most ready-to-eat popcorn is coated with caramel, sugar and flavourings.
But don’t despair, as we have a healthy option that ensures you don’t need to forgo this treat when enjoying your next home movie night. It’s a homemade, healthy treat that is considerably healthier and tastier than any of those gourmet popcorns you’ll find in your local cinema or grocery store. You won’t feel guilty as you stuff handfuls of it into your mouth while catching-up on the latest Netflix or Prime blockbuster, and if you’re committed to the cause you can even try sneaking some of it into the cinema!
- 1 scoop of Detox Organics
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp of almond milk
- 8 cups of unsweetened, unflavoured popcorn
- Melt your chocolate chips over a low heat on the stove. Add 2-3 tbsp of almond milk, depending on the consistency of chocolate you prefer. (You can also heat the chocolate and almond milk using a double broiler).
- Add a scoop of Detox Organics to the melting chocolate and stir.
- Once melted, drizzle the chocolate mixture over the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Mix the popcorn (with the chocolate drizzled over it) to achieve a speckled effect.
- Wait for it to cool and enjoy!