Hummus is one of the world’s favorite dips. It tastes great, it’s easy to make and it’s also healthy. The problem is, it is very limited, working great as a dip for bread and vegetable sticks, but offering little else other than that.
So, we’ve changed things up a little. We’ve created a recipe that offers a similar consistency to hummus and is just as easy to make, but it’s sweet, not savory, and that opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
It has all the creaminess and the consistency of hummus, but with even more health benefits and with a level of sweetness and deliciousness that even hummus can’t provide.
- 1 14.5oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 scoop Detox Organics (buy your own supply here!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. You can add a little water or some more almond milk if you’re not happy with the consistency and prefer it a little sloppier. Serve with strawberries and apple slices.