This recipe is for our plant powered Gluten-Free & Dairy-free Brookie Recipe. Read below for ingredients and instructions for this quick and tasty recipe!
Brownies: Bottom Layer
- ½ cup gluten free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- ½ tbs Detox Organics superfood chocolate powder
- ½ cup unsalted plant-based butter
- 196 grams unsweetened baking chocolate
- ½ cup granulated monk fruit
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 extra large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
Cookies: Bottom Layer
- ¼ cup unsalted plant-based butter
- 1/3 cup granulated monk fruit
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1 ¼ cup of gluten free all-purpose baking flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 square baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- While the oven is preheating, begin chopping the unsweetened baking chocolate. Add the chop pieces to a non-stick pan and add the ½ cup of plant-based butter. Turn on the stove to medium to low heat and melt the chocolate and butter together until it becomes a glossy chocolate liquid state. Do not turn up the temperature of the stove too high to prevent burning. Note: if using sweetened chocolate, you would not be able to melt it over the stove without sticking.
- Remove the melted chocolate and butter from the stove and set a side to slightly cool. Mix the monk fruit, coconut sugar and eggs. Add 1 egg at a time and whisk. Add the salt and vanilla extract and whisk until creamy and well incorporated.
- Add the sugar and egg mixture to the melted chocolate and butter and mix.
- Sift in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold in.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the pan and set aside.
- Begin making your cookie dough by creaming together the butter and monk fruit by using a spatula. Afterwards, cream in the coconut sugar. Make sure to cream the butter and sugar together well before adding the other ingredients.
- Add in the egg and whisk and then add in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Afterwards fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- When the cookie batter is ready, take spoonsful of the cookie batter and place them over the brownie mixture until fully cover. You do not need to spread the cookie batter, as the batter will spread out on its own while baking.
- Bake the brookies on the bottom rack for 30 minutes to 40 minutes depending on the strength of your oven. You may insert a toothpick in the middle to test when the brookies are ready. The toothpick should come out dry but also slightly moist and fudgy.
- When the brookies are done. Remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, slice into the brookies, serve and enjoy!