Detox Banana Pecan Waffles
(Makes 4 standard waffles)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 scoop Detox Organics
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ banana, plus more for topping
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Heat a standard non-stick waffle iron.
- In a high-speed blender, add the oats, almond flour, Detox Organics, baking powder and salt. Blend on high until the oats are pulverized into a fine flour, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the ½ banana, almond milk, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla and blend until just combined and smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of the pecans onto the waffle iron. Pour ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron and press. Once the waffle is done, repeat until batter is gone.
- Top the waffles with banana slices, more pecans and maple syrup.